Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Biking with Laura

Ok, the chains become rusty and I sometimes drive...This blazing summer has nearly squeezed the ride right out of me. Last quest was two weeks back, a return to Sewall's Falls with teenaged daughter. Laura is 15 and has complained of the same lethargy that I am enduring. We hit the road at 8:30 and got up a good wind; 6-7 miles of street riding only made me hungry. Slicing into the riverside dim brought the scent of hot summer/low river deep into my sinuses. We did the nominal trail shots, but must mention the killer whoops about 1/3 mile in-Laura was very poised and handled the roots well, I barely avoided a throw. The bomb was yet another trail-blaze on the way home, ended up climbing and circling the same rugged hill-Laura was not amused! Beat back the undergrowth and followed a narrow stream-bed back to State Street. It was a good ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment