Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Trophy Bass

The slow wandering canal that connects the stump field of the Hopkington Dam to the dam itself is nearly current free. Only the slightest ripples march away from the spillway confluence into the lower lands-the whole area is low and really does not appeal to my anglers sense. I paddle under the wind, down a long watery way and emerge at the lower pool. I fo not expect much, but a small earthly, bush covered island catches my eye. With the open pool the wind navigates for me, but I lob a line just short of the outcropping. A snag...frustrated, I paddle over to free the snarl. Liftiing the line I feel a jerk first. A mangled clump of pond weed greets my net first-then I see him:
3.5 pounds and close to 22 inches, the king is on.

No comments:

Post a Comment